Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Order and Progress

I've never been to Brazil, but their flag has become an important symbol in my life.  Maybe it is an important symbol of my life.  The words "Order and Progress" seem like good ones to have on a flag.  It's strange to juxtapose them over a field of stars though.  Is outer space the direction Brazil would like to go?  They have a space program, and can launch their own satellites.  NASA says they have an ideal launch site since the country is right along the equator. 

I don't know much about Brazil, but it seems like a good place.  "Order" isn't something I'd associate with Brazil, but I don't know.  "United" doesn't seem to describe a lot of the USA, so it's not a big deal one way or the other.  Maybe that's unfair as well.  America sure does have a lot of different people in it and it sure is really big.  We are probably more united than it seems.  Large media is starting to look more like reality television programming all the time.  It's just not that way in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment